COLLADA (short for COLLAborative Design Activity) defines an XML interchange file format standard for 3D applications. Originally developed by Sony, it is managed by the Khronos consortium and has been adopted by the ISO standard under the ISO / PAS 17506 specification.
The file extension of the COLLADA format is .dae (digital asset exchange).
CAD Interop distributes several softwares to view and translate COLLADA files. Find below the list of our solutions compatible with COLLADA format:
- 3DViewStation CAD Translation Automation Server
- 3DViewStation Desktop for CAD visualization
- 3DViewStation for CAD visualization in Virtual Reality
- Collaborate in virtual reality with Simlab Collaboration
- Controlled & secured sharing of your CAD data without translation with VisShare
- Create 3D scenes for simulation and virtual reality with SimLab Composer
- Lightweight batch CAD conversion solution with CAD Exchanger Batch
- Online CAD visualization with 3DViewStation WebViewer
- The essentials to explore your 3D models with CAD Exchanger Lab
- The free platform for virtual reality with SimLab VR Viewer
- Visualize and animate your 3D scenes in virtual reality with SimLab Studio