OBJ is a file format, defined by Wavefront, containing the description of 3D geometry in a tessellation form (triangles). Originally developed for Advanced Visualizer 3D animation software, this file format is open and has been adopted by other 3D software such as Maya, Blender, MeshLab, 3D Studio Max, etc. for import or export of 3d models.
OBJ files are in ASCII format (a binary version has the MOD extension). Materials can be referenced by importing .mtl (Material Template Library) files.
CAD Interop distributes several softwares to view and translate OBJ files. Find below the list of our solutions compatible with OBJ format:
- 3DViewStation CAD Translation Automation Server
- 3DViewStation Desktop for CAD visualization
- 3DViewStation for CAD visualization in Virtual Reality
- CAD to mesh Simplification for VR/AR/MR with CADfix VIZ
- Collaborate in virtual reality with Simlab Collaboration
- Controlled & secured sharing of your CAD data without translation with VisShare
- Create 3D scenes for simulation and virtual reality with SimLab Composer
- Lightweight batch CAD conversion solution with CAD Exchanger Batch
- Online CAD visualization with 3DViewStation WebViewer
- The essentials to explore your 3D models with CAD Exchanger Lab
- The free platform for virtual reality with SimLab VR Viewer
- Visualize and animate your 3D scenes in virtual reality with SimLab Studio