The Collaboration & Interoperability Congress is dedicated to fostering and improving CAD collaboration and interoperability in product design, development and manufacturing.
CIC is the only place to get an unbiased perspective to help guide long-term collaboration and interoperability strategies. The three-day international event gives attendees a unique opportunity to network, learn and strategize with thought leaders from automotive, aerospace, heavy equipment, electronics industries, as well as with representatives from government and defense communities. Attendees take part in a diverse choice of highly interactive sessions and lively panel discussions, enabling direct interaction with fellow manufacturing leaders and industry experts who deeply understand issues and solutions that help people work better together in the complex world of global manufacturing. Valuable networking time is also provided to enable continued dialog with colleagues and experts in the field.
The conference also provides an opportunity to learn about the latest collaboration and interoperability technology and its providers.
If you are in product design, development or IT, CIC is a must for you to attend. Nowhere will be found a more distinguished collection of fellow executives, managers and other engineering, manufacturing and IT professionals who deal with these complex issues daily.
Focus on 3D collaboration and interoperability solutions
The conference will cover such topics as:
- Multi-CAD interoperability: strategies & best practices
- Migrating CAD Data
- Best practices, technologies and processes for managing legacy data
- Strategies & solutions for verification and quality checking
- Interoperability with downstream CAD applications
- Cross-PDM interoperability
- PMI/GD&T: standards & best practices
- Overview and comparison of Light-weight 3D file formats
- Aligning 3D Formats to Data Requirements
- Security & Intellectual property issues and solutions
- STEP (ISO 10303) implementations, status
- Enabling implementation of STEP
- Feature-based translation: technology overview & update
- Recent successes in real-time, fully functional interoperability
- Future trends in CAD interoperability and/or collaboration technology
- Interoperability with downstream non-CAD applications such as maintenance, purchasing, aftermarket and documentation
- Cost and ROI tradeoffs: Justifying investments in interoperability/collaboration solutions and/or services