May 26, 2020 – ITI announces the release of CADIQ 13, the latest version of our flagship CAD model quality and validation software provides several powerful enhancements that build upon the already powerful MBD model validation capabilities, improve user productivity, and expand the scope of CAD model formats and features supported. CADIQ 13 includes hundreds of bug fixes and security-related updates.
CADIQ compares CAD models of various formats to identify geometric shape, quality, annotation and PMI saved view differences introduced by engineering changes, translation or manual remodeling. It highlights shape differences in form, mass properties, surface geometry and topology. Quality defects that impede analysis, manufacturing or data exchange processes are clearly identified with no extraneous information. CADIQ analysis uses the native programming interface of each CAD system to maximize accuracy and robustness. Excel statistics are automatically generated to support process quality control. All functionality is available in a command line interface for integration into PLM systems.
The following improvements to the comprehensive validation of CAD geometry and PMI can be found in CADIQ 13 :
- One page PDF reports
- Enhanced SOLIDWORKS interface to analyze named Part Configuration specified on command line
- Enhanced NX Assembly PMI interface to support assembly exploded views with trace lines
- Enhanced JT Assembly PMI interface to support assembly exploded views with trace lines
- Enhanced viewer such that part saved view results can now be viewed by choosing a saved view from the custom view menu
- New JT Assembly PMI support
- New annotation semantic change diagnostics: 'Annotation Dimension Change', 'Annotation Tolerance Change', 'Annotation Type Change'
- New annotation graphic change diagnostics: 'Annotation Position Change', 'Annotation Terminator Change'
- New option to export Warm, Information and/or Error diagnostics to PDF reports
- Temporarily removed support for custom view PDF reports, this functionality will be improved and restored in CADIQ 11.0.1
- Improved classification of annotation semantic/graphic change diagnostics
- Fixed NX analysis abort with BREP error on corrupt NX wireframe data
- Fixed CATIA V5 saved view analysis entities visible in view query
- Fixed NX to JT Annotations Added due to NX interface only loading first display instance
- Improved NX Assembly PMI performance for complex assemblies
- Enhanced to allow concurrent part by view analysis when Force CAD Model File to be Analyzed in Place is unchecked
- Upgraded to Python 2.7.14 and Zlib 1.2.11 for enhanced security
- Patched Python 2.7.14 to fix published vulnerability: https://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2018-1000030/
- Upgraded installer to Java SE 8u161/8u162 for enhanced security
- Fixed create_job hang when using -batchReport ASCII option when incorrect inputs given or job analysis does not complete successfully
- Removed create_job -generateTopLevelPDFReportOnly command line option as it is unnecessary with new one page PDF reports
- System Compatibility / Support
- Added support for CATIA V5-6R2018
- Added support for Solid Edge ST10
- Upgraded 3D PDF (PRC) interface to HOOPS Publish/Exchange 2018 SP1
CADIQ 13 also includes many other enhancements to its supported CAD interfaces including: CATIA V4 and V5, NX, Creo, Inventor, Solid Edge, SOLIDWORKS, Parasolid, ACIS, IGES, STEP,JT, 3D PDF (PRC and U3D).
CADIQ 13 is immediately available for customer under maintenance.