June29, 2021 – ITI announces the release of CADIQ 14, the latest version of our flagship CAD model quality and validation software provides several powerful enhancements that build upon the already powerful MBD model validation capabilities, improve user productivity, and expand the scope of CAD model formats and features supported. CADIQ 13 includes hundreds of bug fixes and security-related updates.
CADIQ compares CAD models of various formats to identify geometric shape, quality, annotation and PMI saved view differences introduced by engineering changes, translation or manual remodeling. It highlights shape differences in form, mass properties, surface geometry and topology. Quality defects that impede analysis, manufacturing or data exchange processes are clearly identified with no extraneous information. CADIQ analysis uses the native programming interface of each CAD system to maximize accuracy and robustness. Excel statistics are automatically generated to support process quality control. All functionality is available in a command line interface for integration into PLM systems.
The following improvements to the comprehensive validation of CAD geometry and PMI can be found in CADIQ 14 :
- Enhanced Desktop Viewer and PDF/XML Reports to support dispositioning of CADIQ results
- New capability to publish CADIQ results to CADIQ WebGL results
- New CADIQ WebGL Viewer
- New saved view change diagnostic: 'Saved View Name Change'
- New annotation semantic change diagnostics: 'Annotation Face Count Change', 'Annotation Edge Count Change'
- New annotation semantic defect diagnostic: 'Unrealistic Dimension'Enhanced 3D PDF (PRC) interface to support validation of CATIA supplemental geometry curves that were transformed to PRC annotations
- Enhanced 3D PDF (PRC) interface to support RiPlane entities with disjoin tessellation
- Enhanced CATIA V5-6R2020 interface to load restricted areas as annotations
- Enhanced SOLIDWORKS interface to query root model tree properties
- Enhanced Custom View PDF reports
- Enhanced Controller Job Template Editor UI to manage new optional attributes to override analysis result text
- Changed Controller Max Concurrent Command Limit user preference default value from 1 to 3
- Improved model tree property matching
- Improved saved view matching
- Enhanced Controller Job Template Copy UI to add derived from line to header of the copied job template
- System Compatibility / Support
- Added support for Inventor 2021
- Added support for Creo 8
- Added support for CATIA V5-6R2021
- Discontinued support for CATIA V5-6R2017
- Discontinued support for SOLIDWORKS 2018
- Discontinued support for Inventor 2018
- Bug fixes
CADIQ 14 also includes many other enhancements to its supported CAD interfaces including: CATIA V4 and V5, NX, Creo, Inventor, Solid Edge, SOLIDWORKS, Parasolid, ACIS, IGES, STEP, JT, QIF, 3D PDF (PRC and U3D).
CADIQ 14 is immediately available for customer under maintenance.