Paris, Friday, september 16, 2022- today ITI announced the release of CADfix PPS 4, the latest version of his CAD model simplification and file size reduction solution. PPS4 contains many updates and enhancements to make the simplification process more effective and efficient. In many cases PPS4 now provides a better model reduction whilst also maintaining better model fidelity.
Below are highlighted the main enhancements of PPS 4:
Import and Export
- Support for the latest CAD versions: Catia V5-6 R2022, Creo 9, Inventor 2023, NX 2007, SolidEdge 2022, SolidWorks 2022, MicroStation
- See the Product CADfix PPS4 availability matrix for the full list
- New Auto-simplification algorithm to fully utilise new tools and techniques to deliver better model size reductions even faster.
- New ‘Deconstruct Bodies’ tool to break down complex bodies into smaller parts for further processing
- New ‘Primitives’ tool to automatically create Boxes, Cylinders, Cones
- New ‘Extrusions’ tool identifies and simplifies extruded profiles
- New ‘Lettering/Logo’ tool for removing shallow details
- New ‘Fillet/Chamfer’ removal tool
- Updated ‘Holes’ tool now faster and removes more complex holes
- Updated ‘Protrusions’ tool now faster and removes more complex protrusions
- Updated ‘Internal Detail’ tool now faster and easier to use
- Updated ‘Split Bodies’ tool now allows deletion of split parts
- New ‘Create assembly from existing parts’ identifies and removes duplication of bodies
- Updated ‘Model tree’ now ordered by the bodies face-count to easily identify parts to be simplified
- Updated ‘Pick Similar Parts’ tool now provides powerful searching by size, shape, and profile
- New slide-out ‘Model tree’ allows visibility of the tree whilst working with tools
- Updated ‘Selection’ tool provides pre-selection for manual tools, auto-simplification, and exports
- Updated user interaction to provide easier navigation between tools
- Fully updated tutorial exercises focussing on PPS4 best practices
- Fully rewritten installation manual specific to PPS4
This new version of the product is immediately available for all customers under maintenance wishing to update CADfix to PPS4.
For more details on the CADfix CAD repair and CAD simplification solution, please refer to this page.