The latest version of the world's leading 3D CAD repair & healing software is now available.
Paris, Monday, September 6th 2021. ITI TranscenData announced today the release of CADfix 12 SP2, the latest edition of its leading CAD interoperability tool which tackles the ever present problems of 3D model data exchange and re-use between different engineering applications. CADfix allows the user to import CAD data, efficiently repair and adapt it, and export in the most suitable form for reuse in the downstream system, eliminating the need for expensive CAD model rework.
This service pack is applicable for use on both Windows and Linux operating systems. As well as extensive updates on import and export interfaces, this service pack has some significant updates on key tools such as hole/protrusion removal and mass-properties reporting. - See next a list of main updates to this product.
The CADfix support website has an updated layout to provide clearer access to information. On this page you can now find a full set of installation and release notes for each product back to CADfix 11. This page also features the release dates and version numbers for each release to allow clearer referencing of versions.
Some of the many enhancements in CADfix 12 SP2 include:
- Supported Platforms and Operating Systems: Windows 10 64 bit and Red Hat RHEL6
- ACIS Import & Export versions up to 2021(31) on Windows, Linux remains at 29.
- AutoCAD DWG/DXF import & export versions up to 2021.
- CATIA V5 Import & export versions up to V5-6 2021 Windows only.
- CONVERGE CHT Basic and Advanced export option added to Windows and Linux. Facet quality checking added.
- FBX Import & export added to Linux.
- glTF Import & export added to Linux and Windows.
- IFC Import added to Linux.
- Inventor Import versions up to 2021 on Windows, Linux remain at 2019.
- JT Open / PLMXML Import & export versions up to 10.8 on Windows, Linux remain at 8.5. (Includes Daimler Compliant 10.5 with STT).
- Microstation DGN Import beta interface on Windows and Linux.
- NX Import versions 1953 on Windows, Linux remains at 12.
- OBJ Facet quality checking added
- Parasolid Import & Export versions up to 33 on Windows, Linux remains at 31.
- SolidWorks Ability to import selected configurations.
- STL More robust meshing algorithm. Facet quality checking added.
- XGL/ZGL Import added to Linux.
- Build-assembly automatically instantiates topologically matching parts to create an assembly structure.
- Faster opening of nodes in the tree and restoration of selection when switching between the Model tree and Assembly tree tabs.
Graphical user interface
- Transparency setting shown as an icon with pre-set values.
- Dialogue-boxes values made more readable by reducing to 3 significant figures.
- Mass-properties report now available in user friendly HTML format.
- User defined threshold value used to highlight model deviation.
- Tracking of bodies with grouped mass-property values for each Wizard stage.
- Enhances hole removal capabilities now includes holes with split-caps.
- Enhances protrusion removal capabilities now includes protrusions with split-bases.
- Hole/protrusion removal updated to remove engraved and raised lettering.
- Update added to identify and resolve over-used vertices.
- Updated help for ‘Non-manifold shell’ and ‘Over-used vertex’.
- FlexNET licensing version updated to 11.16.4 to provide enhanced license communication security.
We recommend that all CADfix users download and install release 12 SP2. Note that since CADfix 12/SP1 the use of license manager version FlexNET 11.16.1 (or above)is required. If you are upgrading from a previous version of CADfix, then you may need to also update your license manager.
The new product release is available immediately worldwide and current CADfix customers can easily upgrade to version 12 SP2.